GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: neffsamson
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16963

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 141
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Oct 31
October Goal: 230.00
Gross Amount: 20.00
PayPal Fees: 0.88
Net Balance: 19.12
Below Goal: 210.88
Site Currency: USD
 8%
October Donations
7th  Blondie

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John
SysOp

SysOp

Credits: 130

PostPosted: Fri May 2 8:59:08 EDT 2008    Post subject: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

1) We do not delete ratings unless it is an extreme circumstance. Under no other circumstance will your ratings be deleted.*

If you see that every one of your poems was given a 1 and you actually care about that stuff, then post about it in the help desk,

*Unless the user who left the ratings deletes their account, then every rating is deleted that that user had previously left.

2) Read my signature below. Read it out loud to yourselves.

HELP DESK

I mean it. I am going to stop responding to PM's and just respond with a link to this topic. Stop PM'ing the staff. Everyone can learn from your issue and in turn let the staff focus on running this site.

3) People fighting, threatening, and acting like belligerent toddlers are going to be suspended for 1 week. Repeated suspensions will be grounds for account deletion. Enough is enough.

This is a site to work on your poetry and to read about poetry. It is supposed to be enjoyable. The tiny minority of members are hurting this place for everyone else and I am not going to tolerate it any longer.

Last edited by John on Tue Nov 30 10:56:48 EST 2010; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
easyeverett
Likes the forums

Likes the forums
Staff Picks/September 2009Staff Picks/September/ 2010

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11 11:57:41 EDT 2009    Post subject: Re: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

I agree and applaud, standing up I might add, with staffs most accurate dissection of a 'non-problem.' Assume all ratings of 1, without a signature, are simply nefarious mischief by someone who needs to laugh or cackle by him or herself but it has no bearing on what a poet or essayist writes. I find a low rating with precise and knowledgeable explanation is a far greater positive to my learning curve than praise without an explanation.
Excellent communique John. tom

dav.smith
Member for Life

Member for Life
Poet of the Month/November 2010Staff Picks/September 2011

Credits: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28 5:57:36 EDT 2009    Post subject: Re: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

I recieved an uncommented score of one the other day and shrugged it off. If one person thinks that it is fun than so be it. As long as the rest of us maintain a true standard then the offender will tire readily enough. From my opinion, it more than likely is an out sider. I take this moment to thank John and Staff for creating a place for all of us that wish to express ourselves. [Appause and cheering in back ground]. dAVE

JohnnyMagnum
I might even come back next week!

I might even come back next week!

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 5 12:22:40 EDT 2009    Post subject: Abusive Behavior Reply with quote

I've had this happen last night to 51 of my poems
within 10mins and would like to know who to contact. I
believe I know the exact person who did it but I will
not post it here for now. Please contact me privately
so that I may take whatever neccessary steps to get this
immature offense dealt with as soon as possible. People
who do this bring a bad name to the site and themselves.

The punishment should be far more severe than 1 week and
a change should be made to the site to see who has rated
your work. What they rated can still be anonymous. This
will cut back on the idiots who would rather spend time
low balling instead of trying to better their skills.

Dreaming-Demon
Has written an Occasional poem or two.

Has written an Occasional poem or two.
Staff Picks/March 2010Staff Picks/March 2010Eat Chicken!!Staff Picks/September 2013

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28 18:39:02 EST 2009    Post subject: Re: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

I agree with everyone...taday i got a 2 rating with no comment on my poem depression and a 1 with no comment on a different poem, i personally dont care about it but i would prefer a comment as to why...id rather hear an opinion then none at all.

-Yeats

drippingsilence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29 19:49:47 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

I got a rating of a 1 on one of my poems, with a comment stating how much they loved it, and also all my poetry?? Maybe the solution is to not let anyone join this site without some kind of screening process. Those against such a thing obviously are hiding something, you might not get as many people signing up to the website, but those are the people who see there is a screening process before you gain access, and then don't sign up because there only motive was to cause whatever harm they could. Just a thought..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Photo Gallery
Tony
"I'm not mad. I'm just PISSED OFF!"

Staff Picks!Critic!Judge - holiday poetry contest

Credits: 196

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29 21:56:16 EDT 2010    Post subject: Re: Private Messaging Staff, ratings and abusive behavior Reply with quote

drippingsilence wrote:
I got a rating of a 1 on one of my poems, with a comment stating how much they loved it, and also all my poetry?? Maybe the solution is to not let anyone join this site without some kind of screening process. Those against such a thing obviously are hiding something, you might not get as many people signing up to the website, but those are the people who see there is a screening process before you gain access, and then don't sign up because there only motive was to cause whatever harm they could. Just a thought..

I'm opposed to a screening process for this site.

And perhaps the person gave you a 1, and then said how much loved your poetry, because they misread the rating scale and thought a "1" was a high rating? It's happened more than once before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Help Desk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: