GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire.
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Ustinklikegg
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16980

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 65
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Dec 31
December Goal: 230.00
Gross Amount: 45.00
PayPal Fees: 1.91
Net Balance: 43.09
Below Goal: 186.91
Site Currency: USD
19% 
December Donations
13th  Blondie
1st  Blondie
1st  Mayo

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire.
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life
Blog Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/February 2013

Credits: 18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18 8:46:19 EDT 2011    Post subject: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

To all I did not want this Coffee Shop posting to be anything but lighthearted not serious. Please feel free to use satire when posting on this subject. I think we are too serious at times and we often need a break. When I feel down and dark inside I feel a laugh is the best medicine. So take this time to laugh at the seriousness and look at the lighter side.

Seriously taken too Seriously. On which side of the bed did you get up this morning? I have anger problems. It has everything to do with the moment. The anger has nothing to do with hate. It does not have anything to do with you. So don't get all bent out of shape.

Now that you judged me, do you think I have anger problems?

One of my favorite poet signatures is the one posted by Alana. A real cool cat...

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

Now that signature puts it in your face and is easy to understand.

Tony, made this reply to me on my Coffee Shop posting on multiple posting and the hot poets list, on a reply I gave him for commenting on that subject of the day. Wink

50 poems in an hour is meant as hyperbole.

Hyperbole... I didn't know what the hell the word was. Maybe some kid in need of some Ritalin. So I looked it up, found that Tony was showing me his penis, an over-exaggeration by his point of view.

Hyperbole an exaggeration not meant to be taken seriously. I would have never known seriously. I figure it is a male thing. Bull!!!! Ladies we all do it...

I never get up on the wrong side of the bed, that side is taken Laughing I never go to bed angry at you. A good night's sleep is important to me.

Lets not dwell on a perception problem or take others too seriously and leave anger in the moment for it is too heavy to carry.

Do you feel that sometimes you are taken too seriously when commenting and giving replies? Has another poet ever gotten all bent out of shape by an innocent remark because they took what you said the wrong way?

Don't mention the names, I don't want the Coffee Shop to be a battle ground and sure don't want anyone to get a hot pot of coffee in the face...

Lets make GP a better place... In hopes for peace... BWP... James...

Last edited by Deleted_User_8592 on Sat Oct 22 7:06:03 EDT 2011; edited 1 time in total

Deleted_User_4315
Poet

Poet
Blog Picks!Poet of the Month!Seasons Poetry Contest!Poem of the Month!Poet of the Month/July 2009judge for there is no place like home contestStaff Picks/September 2009judge/ekphrastic poetry contestStaff Picks/October 2009Judge of Luck of the 'I wish' contestPoem of the Month/Marc 2011Staff Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18 10:09:42 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies Reply with quote

LOL! had to reply to this one because I have a real good story. I used to do a lot of blind rating and so the poet knew I did not know who they were (and in case I was giving a friend a low rating Smile) I would start my comment with 'this is a blind rating'. Well, I got a very nasty PM from another poet here berating me for calling myself blind! Said s/he knew a poet on here who really was blind and it was cruel of me to make fun of a real blind person. Yeah, they were serious! I explained what blind rating meant but they stood by their accusations and had many nasty words for me Smile.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 15:08:32 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies Reply with quote

Zbird wrote:
LOL! had to reply to this one because I have a real good story. I used to do a lot of blind rating and so the poet knew I did not know who they were (and in case I was giving a friend a low rating Smile) I would start my comment with 'this is a blind rating'. Well, I got a very nasty PM from another poet here berating me for calling myself blind! Said s/he knew a poet on here who really was blind and it was cruel of me to make fun of a real blind person. Yeah, they were serious! I explained what blind rating meant but they stood by their accusations and had many nasty words for me Smile.

Shame on you Zbird for picking fun at blind people and blind poets. The nerve of you. You should be facing a Caining in a public place.

Caning is a widely used form of legal corporal punishment in Singapore. It can be sub-divided into several contexts: judicial, military, school, reformatory and domestic/private and now a form of GP punishment.

Everyone who wants to face up to their wrong doings and get this arousing punishment. Take the first step, face up and get it off your conscience. Zbird cannot be the only one on GP that believes that confession can free the soul Wink

All pain is a punishment, and every punishment is inflicted for love as much as for justice. Quote, Joseph De Maistre

Coffee Shop... Love... In hopes for peace... BWP... James... Cool

Tony
"I'm not mad. I'm just PISSED OFF!"

Staff Picks!Critic!Judge - holiday poetry contest

Credits: 196

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20 17:46:53 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies Reply with quote

I wasn't showing my penis. I was stating a fact. You expressed shock at the my statement that someone might be able to write 50 poems an hour, I merely clarified that I wasn't being serious.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 9:21:22 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies Reply with quote

Tony wrote:
I wasn't showing my penis. I was stating a fact. You expressed shock at the my statement that someone might be able to write 50 poems an hour, I merely clarified that I wasn't being serious.

Tony... I know it wasn't your penis. It was a hyperbole an extreme-exaggeration at that. Shock at such a statements then there must be a perception of seriousness.

Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not. Maybe or not.

Sorry but our GP channel is experiencing a reception problem and we hope to have the perception problem fixed momentarily. Nothing here must be taken seriously. Maybe or not. Your GP channel is on stand by. Until hyperbole connections are fixed and not taken seriously.

For viewers. Tony and BWP both made hyperbole statements which are exaggerations. We also stated our opinions that are not exaggerations to us they are facts as each of us individually see them. No! Tony really did show me his penis. Maybe or not... Seriously.

In hopes for peace... BWP... James...

Tony
"I'm not mad. I'm just PISSED OFF!"

Staff Picks!Critic!Judge - holiday poetry contest

Credits: 196

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21 14:31:02 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm outta here. Way too convoluted a discussion for me to spend time on.

lukaki26
Lost the scent of the crook of my lover

Staff Picks/March 2013Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22 7:38:04 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

BWP: I think you spend too much time on here, seriously!! Maybe or not.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22 13:09:35 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

lukaki26 wrote:

I think you are not one to waste your time. Seriously. So why did you feel the need here to express your feeling toward me in such a negative manner. Seriously... Maybe or not...

You remind me of the Big Head on Third Rock from the Sun. A real ____ ____er. Maybe or not.

My favorite Comedian was George Carlin. He said everything that society did not want to hear but they listened anyway.

It is very funny how the most outrageous satire is listened to so lightheartedly. Yet you take this more seriously than you should. With a snipping comment like you left here.

Thank you, for your time that you spent wasting your time, even if it was such a small amount. Maybe or not. If it made you feel good, good...

You see what I am talking about no matter how lighthearted a subject, with no hateful words used; a real ______ ______er will show up. Maybe or not...

Now I hope this gets back to lightheartedness and anger is not carried into the next moment. It is really to heavy...

lukaki26

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22 15:51:45 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

I don't have an attitude problem you have a perception problem... maybe or not. Smile

But honestly there was no bad feeling intended, I just have read your posts for quite some time now and you over analyze things more than I do and that's saying something. Lighten up, don't take things so seriously Razz

Much love bruvva Smile Smile

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27 9:15:38 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

lukaki26 wrote:

You know I am beginning to like you, you big ____ _____ing head. You say I analyze things more than you. Then what does that say about you? I am dyslexic and you are not. A dislexic person who tries to over come a learning disorder learns to analyze what is on the lines the best they can and often over analyze. So I give that one to you. Persons who under analyze are left with hurricane waters breaching the flood walls. Or nuclear disasters when thing beyond human control come knocking. Then I would say oversight has two different meanings here.

1. Superintendence; watchful care; supervision.

2. An overlooking; failure to see or notice.

As you know the word networking has come up in Coffee Shop conversations in my postings? You say I spend to much time here. I am guessing you mean on GP, that is how I took it. You have also said you have been reading my post and you find I over analyze. Now I don't want to prove you wrong here. I take things apart line by line. Now lets get to some real analyzing.

You joined GP: May 04, 2007

Your last post was: 10-Apr-2011

lukaki26's Karma:

Total: 522.45

BrokenWordsPoet's Karma: Total: 892. Then I have given over 600 karma points away to other poets and bought a membership for another.

The last poem you commented on was:
No place for M.C's and that was on; February 18, 2010 and that was your own poem.

It seems to me that you have done very little analyzing of any ones poetry or work on GP.

When I did analyze your poem you you told me I was wrong and you were wrong in your comment. Your comment was an oversight proving you did not even read your own poem. Maybe or not...

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem. Wink

lukaki26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 2 21:26:37 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

I am severely dyslexic, diagnosed when I was 18 by and educational psychologist and again when I was 27. It effects the way my brain processes symbols and written language. It effects my ability to organise and co-ordinate information and I am very visual. I have struggled with the written word my whole life and now I am a successful spoken word poet despite my disability. I think it's funny that you assumed I am not dyslexic, how could you possibly know either way?

I have not commented on any poetry because I stick to the forums rather than commenting on finished poems, this is my choice and I find it more interesting to see work in development.

This seems to have turned into a point scoring excercise which I never meant it to be. I have absolutely nothing against you and I hope you feel the same.

I don't really understand karma points, I just dabble in the forums from time to time and find some of the work on here to be very inspirational indeed. I don't really understand the politics or ins and outs of the site, this could well be down to my dyslexia also as I often interpret systems in my own way.

I hope you have not taken ofence to anything I have said on here and promise you that my intention wasn't to belittle you in any way. I hope we can start a fresh.

My humble appologies,

Lukaki Smile x

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 3 9:38:29 EDT 2011    Post subject: Re: Taken too Seriously in Comments & Replies>a little satire. Reply with quote

lukaki26 wrote:
I am severely dyslexic, diagnosed when I was 18 by and educational psychologist and again when I was 27. It effects the way my brain processes symbols and written language. It effects my ability to organise and co-ordinate information and I am very visual. I have struggled with the written word my whole life and now I am a successful spoken word poet despite my disability. I think it's funny that you assumed I am not dyslexic, how could you possibly know either way?

I have not commented on any poetry because I stick to the forums rather than commenting on finished poems, this is my choice and I find it more interesting to see work in development.

This seems to have turned into a point scoring excercise which I never meant it to be. I have absolutely nothing against you and I hope you feel the same.

I don't really understand karma points, I just dabble in the forums from time to time and find some of the work on here to be very inspirational indeed. I don't really understand the politics or ins and outs of the site, this could well be down to my dyslexia also as I often interpret systems in my own way.

I hope you have not taken ofence to anything I have said on here and promise you that my intention wasn't to belittle you in any way. I hope we can start a fresh.

My humble appologies,

Lukaki Smile x

I was not dyslexia diagnosed until later on in life. When I was a child I knew I had a learning disorder, the problem is that no one else did. Teachers would scream my name out so loud it could be heard down the halls. Math that I learn today I forget in the next moment or days, the process gets lost. I could read an entire book, I know the story but not one character name held within. In grade school I was sent home with spelling home work to memorize. My grandmother raised me and old people had no idea of dyslexia, all they thought was sounding out words and memorizing. She sat me with my work for hours on end and would call words out to me every twenty minutes or so for me to spell. When old people think you are stupid or lazy they get abusive, she hit me cross my hands, hit me in the head with a fork handle and broke plates over my head. All because teachers said nothing was wrong with me. Dyslexia was not in there vocabulary in those days and I was the one that was stupid. They took me out of school in the six grade because in those day racism and the civil rights movement was going on. When I was put in a room with a black teacher my grandparents removed me from school. Again I was the one that was stupid. They said they were going to put me in private school. Due to medical reason I started to school in the public system at age nine, in the second grade and failed my the third grade. By the time I reached six grade I was fourteen and the private school would not put me in class with younger students. In those days everyone white who had the money sent their children to private schools so they did not have to go to school with black children. Now I was being discriminated against because of my age. Again I was the stupid one. At that point in my life my education ended and I was put in the fields to work and beat almost every day of my life. My grandparents lived on a hill that burnished the name McRight's Hill because of their racist beliefs and the Klan. When I married a black lady after I ran away from that hill I was banished from my family. I spoke to my grandmother on August 6, 1996 her birth day, she apologized for the way I was treated and to my wife for her racism. Emma Louise Goode ... McRight's death on August 31, 1996 on my birthday isn't it funny how dates line up in a person's life.

I am so sorry that you have to go through dyslexia. I spent the major part of my life, fighting to be more than stupid. When the computer age came upon us I finally had the tools I could work with. Spelling at my finger tips, punctuation still alludes me at times. Then I am writing poetry and it forgives me. It took me almost three hours to write this reply to you. Dyslexia is with us for a life time, it is what we make of it.

Lukaki... My humble apologies for making this more serious than it should have been and new is the way we should every day. Apology excepted. I was never angry. I am glad we can leave this post a new. I hope you start posting poetry once more. You big _____ing head Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: