GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > The Poets' Cross by Ilan
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: neffsamson
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16963

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 220
Bots: 2
Staff: 2
Staff Online:
01: Essex68
02: Ozymandias

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Oct 31
October Goal: 230.00
Gross Amount: 20.00
PayPal Fees: 0.88
Net Balance: 19.12
Below Goal: 210.88
Site Currency: USD
 8%
October Donations
7th  Blondie

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Clubs and Cafe's > > The Coffee Shop > > The Poets' Cross by Ilan
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

The Poets' Cross by Ilan

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted_User_4315
Poet

Poet
Blog Picks!Poet of the Month!Seasons Poetry Contest!Poem of the Month!Poet of the Month/July 2009judge for there is no place like home contestStaff Picks/September 2009judge/ekphrastic poetry contestStaff Picks/October 2009Judge of Luck of the 'I wish' contestPoem of the Month/Marc 2011Staff Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 44

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 9:41:21 EST 2011    Post subject: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Ilan has asked me to post this for him. Hopefully he will come back soon and be able to post his own poems again.

The Poets' Cross

Poets stand tall, stand together
On your journey upwards
Proud of words
Long live words
These are the words
Of hearts and spades
That dig up gardens
Cutting the worms
You were five cutting up worms
Now you're 25 cutting up words
Worms words worms words
Now you're 45 cutting up words
Worms words worms words
Now you're 65 cutting up words
Worms words worms words
Jesus died on a cross for words
You'll be crucified for your words
You'll be tried and convicted and
Evicted after the stoning and the crowing and the joking and the poking and the loathing and the goating
You'll be crucified on the poets' cross
Bleeding just like Jesus, stabbed through and through wrists punctured into immortality; then at suns up you'll be wheeled away, draped in white while you pee out your last rights.

Night will fall, twelve men will sit at a table and eat the last supper, you'll recall how Jesus was at that table and you'll spill your words over the table like you'll spill your wine, there will be a silence and mourning. You'll be hanging from the poets' cross.

Réquiem ætérnam:
Réquiem ætérnam dona ei (eis) Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei (eis). Requiéscat (Requiéscant) in pace. Amen

Eternal rest grant unto him - O Lord; and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

Copyright Ilan Cohen 2010

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life
Blog Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/February 2013

Credits: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 11:44:22 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

I have been not posting and took down my works for reason that reading between the line will not answer for poets on site. So Ilan if you are reading this don't think I left because I did not, I just think most of my works on site have been there too long. I would like to modify a few and re post them and others will not be re posted where the political genre changes with time.

It is easy to get feelings hurt on GP, I know it is also easy to to pull everything down and move on when one comes to a place where poets are acting like school children. I would ask you to come back,but I say take some time to dwell in side yourself to put yourself above school children. Leave ignorance to talk to themselves. You promised me a book and I am keeping you to your word.

My friend it is hard to leave and even harder to come back. But when coming back a new you must also speak in a new voice. Leave the forums to the assholes. Let them do all the complaining and pointing fingers.

There is a New Year right around the corner and what a time to start a new leaf. Write like you have learned from the best and moving forward will be easy.

brokenwordsatozpoet @ yahoo.com

BWP... James... Your friend... Write me anytime...

Deleted_User_9944
Conversationalist

Conversationalist

Credits: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 14:38:25 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

To compare what millions of people consider the most pivotal event in history with a poet getting his feelings hurt is much more than a stretch. It's offensive.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 15:24:05 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

At best the family teaches the finest things human beings can learn from one another generosity and love. But it is also, all too often, where we learn nasty things like hate, rage and shame. Barbara Ehrenreich

Asif is what you are doing learned at home and will you teach your children to act in such a manner. Now as you pander to your own ego by refusing to let go, I liken you to a pit bull train to kill another. As if something you say was not meant to be bullying is turning out to be so.

I never said one thing against you Asif. Matter of a fact I questioned your intentions. Now you are doing a good job of painting yourself as a bully all by yourself. When things are said and things are done, don't wonder why you are on my list. Maybe you think that taunting is fun, then I never met a bully that did not and I have met quite a few.

If anyone believes that Asif should keep this up, step up and pat him on the head for being your dog... Dogs like that are best put down or rehabilitated, taught to have a heart for more than killing another person's.

BWP... James...

Deleted_User_9944
Conversationalist

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 16:12:32 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

A typical fascist/reactionary comment from James..

I was critiquing a poem, for crying out loud. Does anyone else think the juxtaposition between the crucifixion of Christ and a poet's so-called burden works? I don't.

Just my opinion. Get the hell over it.

Treagal
And for a moment, it was like joy was

And for a moment, it was like joy was
Staff Picks!Staff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/January 2011Eat Chicken!

Credits: 182

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 16:33:30 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

it's all high fantasy, anyhow.

what does it matter, people can compare their burdens with cartoon characters, real heros, or world-wide accepted biblical prophets for all I care; it's all the same if it fits into the shoes that poet chooses to wear.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 17:15:30 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

AsIf wrote:
fascist.

I have never been called a fascist before. A ranting raging radical, but never a fascist. I wonder what definition of fascist you are charging me of being.

AsIf wrote:
Just my opinion. Get the hell over it.

I have never payed to much attention to your opinion. You know what opinions are like? My opinion of you is you are a bully. You did not try to critique any poem you seek to degrade a poet with a crushing remark in hopes others will stand with you.

BWP...

Deleted_User_13841
Intrigued

Intrigued

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 17:31:11 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Beaut poem by ilian
In Aus we have a name for
blokes like asif, but can't say here
Anyhows I think your opinion
Smells like koala poo mr asif
I am an archaeologist who has
Excavated many times in the
Holy land and know it well
The poem praises the Lord Jesus
For he died for words
And writers also die
Even my wife Mave and the dogs get it
How come a bloke like afis can't get it
Are you stupid or something?

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 19:26:38 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Now there is a question I was asked in a PM and this question needs to be clarified and I am only asking because it was asked of me. Ilan dropped his page, Pete joined on Dec 21, Zbird posted a poem for Ilan in the Coffee Shop. The question is; Has Ilan come back to site as Pete? After comments were made all day why did Pete come to Ilan's defense so fast?

I do not want an answer from Pete I want an answer from Ilan. If he can relay a poem through Zbird he can relay an answer to these questions through Zbird.

It is my feeling if I am being asked these questions; others are asking the same questions also...

I hope Ilan can answer them for us... I hate putting you on the spot Ilan, but you cannot let this stand without an answer. Stop people from reading between the lines.

Deleted_User_13841
Intrigued

Intrigued

Credits: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26 20:46:47 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Mr broken words

Who gives a possums paw whether
Iilan is Pete or not, you seem to be
Obsessed with politics instead of poetry
The coffee shop seems like a
giggling girl gossip goanna hide out

For all you know you could be the
King of England typing away on the
site and Zbird could be Mary Magdalena

If pete (this bloke messaged me seems
A nice fella Tyger) is ilam who gives
a goannas gonads as long as he writes poetry

Less politics more poetry

Just finishing reading your poem
Rod Mkuen, now that's a poem!

Aussie Pete

kylebank
Galileo is laughing at you from on high

Staff Picks/April 2012Staff Picks/March 2011Staff Picks/April 2011Staff Picks/May 2011Blog Picks/May 2012Staff Picks/April 2013

Credits: 72

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 2:57:07 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

This place is friggin hilarious.

When pete starts posting a dozen poems a day, we'll know if he's Ilan or not.

Deleted_User_10084
The first hundred years are the hardest

The first hundred years are the hardest
Poet of the Month/April 2010Blog Picks for April 2010Poem of the Month/April 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/May 2010Blog Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Staff Picks/June 2010Judge - Quartely Poetry ContestEat Chicken!Winner-haiku contest - September 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/January 2011Blog Picks/September 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Staff Picks/March 2012Blog Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/July 2012Staff Picks/October 2012

Credits: 97

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 4:10:11 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

kylebank wrote:
This place is friggin hilarious.

When pete starts posting a dozen poems a day, we'll know if he's Ilan or not.

that made me pee my pants just a lil bit Very Happy Laughing

Ozymandias
Told love the world was on fire

Staff Picks/June 2009Staff Picks - June 2009Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/August 2010Staff Picks/September/ 2010Staff Picks/December 2010Judge - holiday poetry contestStaff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/March 2011gotpoetry curator

Credits: 237

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 4:44:23 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

who gives

I'm not gonna give a goanna's gonads. I have those for breakfast with vegemite every morning. Bonzer stuff, sport. Not about to give 'em up for some silly poet....

- Mark Twain

FuchsiaFestival!
Compares Alliteration, Assonance & Rhyme

Staff Picks/August 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Young Poet/July 2012Staff Picks/September 2012Staff Picks/January 2013

Credits: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 5:50:42 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

If Pete is Ilan, he will refrain from posting a thousand poems a day so people will automatically assume it's not him. (I think)

If Pete sees this, and Pete is Ilan, he will definitely refrain from doing so--because we are the ones suggesting this.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: we're not going to get a lot of evidence (when it comes to posting a thousand poems a day), because we already suggested it. If we suggest it, he will refrain from doing the usual thing--for people to think the exact opposite.

My two cents, I could be wrong.

Deleted_User_13867

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 8:19:51 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Mave's me name
Pete is me hubby over 30 years
He's a professor of archaelogy retired
after head injury car accident
Retired to Cairns
You chooks giving Pete the crabs
now he left the Internet after he
Showed me how it works
Anyhows you dealing with Mave
Pete walking the dogs and I'm not
chooks in the pen
Thirty degrees hot centigrade
You fellas know farenheit up there
In norway bbbrr too cold for Mave
Cairns warms the cherries and ya
Missing out
Pete just in from walking mo, scooter
and west, them the dogs
See ya fellas
Mave

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 11:44:46 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Pete has now left the building and now we have Mave. Whose first line of business is attacking Rondo. Mave sounds like Pete's female alter-ego; the giggling girl. Pete's head must have went soft from to much foreplay.

Again the question needs to be answered by Ilan...

Ozymandias wrote:
Pete wrote:

who gives

I'm not gonna give a goanna's gonads. I have those for breakfast with vegemite every morning. Bonzer stuff, sport. Not about to give 'em up for some silly poet....

You kroos sure have some funny names for breakfast cereal. Do you have to backup to eat it? Don't think I want any.

BWP...

kylebank

Staff Picks/April 2012Staff Picks/March 2011Staff Picks/April 2011Staff Picks/May 2011Blog Picks/May 2012Staff Picks/April 2013

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 14:40:53 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Well, whoever this Mave lady is, she sounds an awful lot like her husband. I don't know why Ilan left, and it's not like we were good friends at all, but I'd like to think he had a bit more respect for this site, which all things considered treated him and his poetry very well. Unfortunately, I do believe that these Butterworts are him. Ilan certainly wrote enough poetry here that we are all familiar with his voice and even when cloaked in the oddly uneducated voice of a university professor, this man has Ilan's voice. Mave sounds more like Captain Mike than anything,.but I'm sure it's just her "husband" too.

I hope I am wrong about this, honestly. I hope someone can prove to this community that their once beloved Ilan is not behind this. And to Ilan, wherever he is, I wish him peace, and would like to point out that there are better, more adult ways of dealing with whatever caused you to leave GP.

FuchsiaFestival!

Staff Picks/August 2011Staff Picks/October 2011Young Poet/July 2012Staff Picks/September 2012Staff Picks/January 2013

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 14:49:16 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

kylebank wrote:
Well, whoever this Mave lady is, she sounds an awful lot like her husband. I don't know why Ilan left, and it's not like we were good friends at all, but I'd like to think he had a bit more respect for this site, which all things considered treated him and his poetry very well. Unfortunately, I do believe that these Butterworts are him. Ilan certainly wrote enough poetry here that we are all familiar with his voice and even when cloaked in the oddly uneducated voice of a university professor, this man has Ilan's voice. Mave sounds more like Captain Mike than anything,.but I'm sure it's just her "husband" too.

I hope I am wrong about this, honestly. I hope someone can prove to this community that their once beloved Ilan is not behind this. And to Ilan, wherever he is, I wish him peace, and would like to point out that there are better, more adult ways of dealing with whatever caused you to leave GP.

I agree. Ozymandias, Captain Mike, and other people we know better not be falling under this guise, either. I don't think they would--they are adults: Ozymandias, serious; Captain Mike quite, giddy. Nevertheless, the both of them are older people, and I know they have a more appropriate and sufficient way of handling things.

kylebank

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 14:54:46 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Oh, sorry, but to be very clear, I'm not trying to implicate any other poets in this scheme at all. I still think they are both Ilan. I just think he had made Mave sound too much like the hilarious Captain Mike, is all.

Deleted_User_8592
Member for Life

Member for Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 15:32:06 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

FuchsiaFestival! wrote:
I agree. Ozymandias, Captain Mike, and other people we know better not be falling under this guise, either. I don't think they would--they are adults: Ozymandias, serious; Captain Mike quite, giddy. Nevertheless, the both of them are older people, and I know they have a more appropriate and sufficient way of handling things.

kylebank wrote:
Oh, sorry, but to be very clear, I'm not trying to implicate any other poets in this scheme at all. I still think they are both Ilan. I just think he had made Mave sound too much like the hilarious Captain Mike, is all.

Sammi... Kyle... Like Captain Mike with the wit of an Australian and the knowledge of the Australian outback... Captain Mikes lives just down the road from me and as you pointed out he has wit like the good captain but not the captain.

Also you have never once seen Captain Mike say one bad thing about anyone on site. Which is more than I can say for myself being political and all that bull.

Captain Mike has a southern flare with a good attitude. Cannot say just how much different the Mave or Pete or who ever.

As for Captain Mike our floating winter visiting poet. It is great to see him back. I told the Captain his poetry would not work on site and this is one time; I can truly say I am glad I was wrong.

FuchsiaFestival!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 17:45:08 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

BrokenWordsPoet wrote:
FuchsiaFestival! wrote:

kylebank wrote:

Sammi... Kyle... Like Captain Mike with the wit of an Australian and the knowledge of the Australian outback... Captain Mikes lives just down the road from me and as you pointed out he has wit like the good captain but not the captain.

Also you have never once seen Captain Mike say one bad thing about anyone on site. Which is more than I can say for myself being political and all that bull.

Captain Mike has a southern flare with a good attitude. Cannot say just how much different the Mave or Pete or who ever.

As for Captain Mike our floating winter visiting poet. It is great to see him back. I told the Captain his poetry would not work on site and this is one time; I can truly say I am glad I was wrong.

My thoughts exactly--the guy is funny, and never says anything bad about people..you and I are different, because we constantly fight (not to ourselves) about random things...

Ozymandias

Staff Picks/June 2009Staff Picks - June 2009Staff Picks/May 2010Staff Picks/August 2010Staff Picks/September/ 2010Staff Picks/December 2010Judge - holiday poetry contestStaff Picks/January 2011Staff Picks/March 2011gotpoetry curator

Credits: 237

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27 18:46:14 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

I don't see much evidence for any conspiracy going on with false identities etc, although I concede I could be wrong. However, in any case, I agree with those who think it doesn't really matter. So long as a poet is posting good poetry and not being abusive of others, it is irrelevant who he or she really is. Surely we have better things to do than argue about the real identities of Pete, Mave, etc etc. Let's get back to posting and critiquing poems!

- Mark Twain

Deleted_User_9944
Conversationalist

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28 13:45:47 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Treagal wrote:
it's all high fantasy, anyhow.

what does it matter, people can compare their burdens with cartoon characters, real heros, or world-wide accepted biblical prophets for all I care; it's all the same if it fits into the shoes that poet chooses to wear.

I agree with you, Treagal. I was just pointing out that it didn't seem believable to me in this instance.

electrictiger

Staff Picks/October 2009Staff Picks/June 2010Blog Picks/ November 2010Staff Picks/December 2010Blog Picks/June 2011Staff Picks/December 2011Staff Picks/February 2012Blog Picks/January 2013Staff Picks/March 2013Staff Picks/August 2013Staff Picks/October 2013

Credits: 334

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30 17:48:10 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

They both curiously write their 'prose' in blocks that are poetry-shaped. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to care if A is a B-shaped Ilan or a B that sounds like A, but is in fact distinct from A.

More curious: If Ilan left the site (presumably of his own free will because one or two people openly expressed some degree of dislike for some of his works), then why the hell would he wish to communicate with that site through others as intermediaries rather than just being part of the site, unless it was some highly ridiculous bid to draw pity? Sorry, but in order to be a martyr, it's helpful if you were actually crucified in the first place.

A few people not liking all of your work is hardly crucifixion, particularly when a) most of said work is shit and b) most people are too nice to say (a), while c) members of (b) silently rejoice when d) some people who are NOT too nice to say (a), in fact, say (a). But then e) certain other people get riled up about the fact that among all poetry some poems are definitely of type (a) and then wish to destroy all people who are not (b). If I continue, I'll confuse myself, and wind up like f) people who can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

>^__^<

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
kylebank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30 18:01:43 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: The Poets' Cross by Ilan Reply with quote

Amen, sister!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: