GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > How to use your own forum Avatar
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: theironictruth
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16973

People Online:
Members: 1
Visitors: 177
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Nov 30
November Goal: 230.00
Gross Amount: 0.00
PayPal Fees: 0.00
Net Balance: 0.00
Below Goal: 230.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Got Whatever... > > Help Desk > > How to use your own forum Avatar
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

How to use your own forum Avatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John
SysOp

SysOp

Credits: 130

PostPosted: Wed May 5 10:15:23 EDT 2004    Post subject: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

See my picture to the left? You can have your own picture next to your name. That picture is called an Avatar. On this board it's called an 'off site avatar' and you can set it through your profile...

1) After your picture is uploaded, go to the page it is on, view the source of that page, copy the URL and then edit your profile through the message board:

2) Towards the bottom of the screen is a field for an off site Avatar. Put the full URL for your avatar picture there.

If you don't have a place on the web to store your avatar, upload an Avatar to the Poet Gallery.

After I approve the image, go to your profile and use www.gotpoetry.com/modu...ENAME.JPG] (where IMAGENAME.JPG is the file name of your avatar graphic) as your off site Avatar.

Last edited by John on Wed Jan 12 5:53:08 EST 2005; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
natey
The Chief Troublemaker

The Chief Troublemaker
Eat Chicken!GP staff judge

Credits: 22

PostPosted: Thu May 6 3:44:58 EDT 2004    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

gotpoety wrote:
See my picture to the left? You can have your own picture next to your name. That picture is called an Avatar. On this board it's called an 'off site avatar' and you can set it through your profile...

1) Edit your profile through the message board:

2) Towards the bottom of the screen is a field for an off site Avatar. Put the full URL for your avatar picture there.

If you don't have a place on the web to store your avatar, upload an Avatar to the Poet Gallery.

After I approve the image, go to your profile and use www.gotpoetry.com/modu...ENAME.JPG] (where IMAGENAME.JPG is the file name of your avatar graphic) as your off site Avatar.

Hey John,

Will there be a way that we can upload pictures to our profiles that will automatically change the photos to be the proper size when used in the bulletin boards?

That way, if we have photos on our puters, we can just upload them to the site?

And we could use the first photo we upload as our Avatar and any others in a place that people can view our "other" photos?

Just wondering.

EDITED JUST NOW BECAUSE I REALIZED YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTION ALREADY AND I MUST HAVE HAD A MASSIVE BRAIN FART.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
natey
The Chief Troublemaker

The Chief Troublemaker
Eat Chicken!GP staff judge

Credits: 22

PostPosted: Thu May 6 3:55:02 EDT 2004    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

AEEK!

I am huge!

And so is my photo!

Something is wrong, I think.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
superjill
Poet

Poet
Staff Picks!staff picks!Eat Chicken!

Credits: 27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10 19:48:31 EST 2008    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

I'm trying to pick an avatar I have used before. Are previous avatars saved or do I need to create it again? (I have the picture in my gallery but it's too big to be used as the avatar.) How do I get to it?

John
SysOp

SysOp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10 19:58:42 EST 2008    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

You need to create it again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
emeraldhills
Intrigued

Intrigued

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15 14:42:28 EDT 2008    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

I am new -- and confused.
I just added a picture and I would like for it to be my profile picture ("Peace") It's a picture that was taken at a Palo Alto Peace March last year...

suggestions appreciated.

K

simplsong
Intrigued

Intrigued

Credits: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18 20:23:00 EDT 2008    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

I have read the information but I am still confused. How do I add a button rate this poem to one of my poems?

winterchild
Member for Life

Member for Life
Poem of the Month!Staff Picks!Eat Chicken!

Credits: 63

PostPosted: Wed Jul 1 14:51:47 EDT 2009    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

I searched help but only found this.... can I change the wrods above my avatar? I liked them before but now I have life membership they are boring!!!
And I loved my easter eggs :)

Bob Dylan

John
SysOp

SysOp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 1 16:11:35 EDT 2009    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

All set.

winterchild
Member for Life

Member for Life
Poem of the Month!Staff Picks!Eat Chicken!

Credits: 63

PostPosted: Thu Jul 2 3:35:28 EDT 2009    Post subject: Re: How to use your own forum Avatar Reply with quote

John *THANK YOU* and sorry to have nagged and whinged so much over the past few days... just hoping I can remember the password I just changed ;-P

Bob Dylan

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Help Desk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: