The Rules of GotPoetry.com
From Poetry Wiki
The determination of what is construed as offensive, indecent, vulgar, spam or otherwise deemed inappropriate as noted throughout the GotPoetry Rules and Regulations is left to the discrepancy of the GotPoetry Staff.
Spam is not tolerated in any form under any circumstance. This includes but is not limited to offering hosting services (charged and free), design/installation services, free merchandise, money scams, etc. Posts containing spam will be removed.
The below mentioned applies to areas within the GotPoetry website that allows members to contribute via posting content. This includes but is not limited to posting in forums, and commenting in surveys, news articles, and tutorials. 
The GotPoetry Staff reserves the right to edit or remove any member posted content at any time.
Posts not conforming to GotPoetry Rules and Regulations will be subject to removal and members subject to a warning.
Before posting in the workshop forums, you must read the guidelines here. Remember, by posting in the forums you are entering a workshop. Expect people to comment on your poems. Expect some feedback.
If you just want to post a few of your poems to get them 'out there', use the Poems section of the site. They will be rated by others. If you don't like your rating, get over it. Its just an integer in a database and not indicative of your self worth. See above on getting suspended for acting beligerant.
- Members are expected to construct their posts in a way that is consistent with "normal writing" practices. Posting content with an excessive number of emoticons or punctuation marks will not be tolerated. Additionally posts made in all CAPS or "l33t" speak are not acceptable.
- Members should always post in a way that is respectful to other members. Posts that are intentionally abusive, confrontational, or offensive will be removed.
- Members should keep in mind that the GotPoetry website is intended for a general audience. Posting profanity, pornographic, or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
- When applicable, members should create descriptive titles for their posts. Using titles such as "No images", "CSS help!", or "Theme error" are examples of non-descriptive titles. Titles such as "[Namehere] theme header images are not displaying", "CSS, spacing and padding help!", or "[Namehere] theme generates error in admin.php" are descriptive. Titles that are not descriptive are subject to modification and/or the post removed entirely.
- Members are requested to read forum descriptions prior to posting in a forum. Members are also requested to post in the relevant forum and remain on topic when possible.
The GotPoetry Staff reserves the right to edit or remove any member's signature or avatar at any time.
Avatars and signatures not conforming to GotPoetry Rules and Regulations will be subject to removal and members subject to a warning, in addition to possible revocation of privileges.
- Signatures may be text, images, or valid combinations of both not exceeding the limitations set below.
- Text signatures are limited to five lines of small text (including spaces), one line being that displayed on a browser opened to a resolution of 800x600 within the constraints of the forum.
- Image signatures are limited to a maximum of three images and may not be larger than a total of 50 pixels high x 350 pixels wide, and 5KB in size.
- Links are permitted in signatures.
- Text, images, or links to offensive sites or other sites deemed inappropriate by GotPoetry Staff are subject to removal.
- Animated signatures, text or images, are not allowed.
- Members are permitted to utilize a GotPoetry gallery avatar or link to one of their own hosted in a location they have permission to access. (Please do not misuse bandwidth by linking to images you do not have permission to link to.)
- Avatars are to be no larger than 90 pixels square and may not exceed 6KB in file size.
- Member defined avatars may not contain animation. Nor may they attempt to portray the member as having an official status at GotPoetry (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of GotPoetry Staff).
- Avatars should not contain offensive images. Any avatar deemed inappropriate by GotPoetry Staff members are subject to removal.
- Private Messaging
- Members are not to harass or spam other GotPoetry members or GotPoetry Staff.
- Members receiving continual private messages that they deem are harassing, spam, intentionally abusive, confrontational, or offensive should be reported to GotPoetry Staff to be dealt with properly.
- Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings and/or the revocation of private messaging privileges.
GotPoetry will operate with a three strike policy. Members not adhering to the rules and regulations are subject to warnings, revocation of privileges, and/or banishment (temporary or permanent).
Within a three month period, members will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences. Should a member be warned beyond that, a temporary ban will be put into place for a duration of no less than one day and no more than five days.
Any member who feels they have been warned unfairly may contact a GotPoetry Staff leader. They will hear both the Staff member's and your recount of the occurrence. It is left to the discretion of the Staff leader to remove an issued warning. The Staff leader's decision is final.
Any attempts to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes but is not limited to re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses, or registering a new email account.
Permanent bans are a last resort and are discussed with several Staff leaders prior to implementing them. While GotPoetry may consider lifting permanent bans occasionally, this is a race occurrence.
GotPoetry exists to provide the performance poetry community with unique services to practice, share and enjoy poetry.
GotPoetry provides support for writing workshops, venue announcements, poetry news and the tools available on this website.
GotPoetry does not imply nor provide support for any version of CPG Dragonfly CMS. You may obtain support for the CMS at the official website.
Support is only offered via the GotPoetry help desk forum. Do not attempt to contact GotPoetry Staff privately (via any method) to request support.
If you have any problems, requests, or questions you can post them in the forum.
Have fun and remember that GotPoetry.com is a community run web site.
- ↑ These rules on content and presentation do not automatically apply to actual poems that are posted, although GotPoetry reserves the right to not publish poems that do not conform the below requirements.