GotPoetry.com > > Forums > > Poetry Workshops > > Post a poem > > Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter
GotPoetry.com

Help
Toggle Content .:: Home :: Poems :: Workshop Forums :: Register :: Features ::.
Toggle Content Judge this Poem

Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)

Membership:
Latest: Katbruu
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16884

People Online:
Members: 2
Visitors: 244
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff currently online.

Toggle Content Paid Membership
Buy a paid membership and get more out of GotPoetry!

Advertise on the GotPoetry Advertising Network.

Toggle Content Donations
Donate with PayPal!
GotPoetry is a community supported site.
Due Date: Jul 31
July Goal: 180.00
Gross Amount: 0.00
PayPal Fees: 0.00
Net Balance: 0.00
Below Goal: 180.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Toggle Content Top Poetry Clubs

Forums > > Poetry Workshops > > Post a poem > > Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter
My PostsMy Posts  SearchSearch   visitView posts since last: visitdayweekmonth

Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Post a poem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
butterflyzrfree
Starved and screamed and ate mad dogs

Staff Picks!Staff Picks/December 2009Staff Picks/March 2011Staff Picks/February 2012Blog Picks/July 2013Staff Picks/October 2013Staff Picks/October 2013Staff Picks February 2014

Credits: 350

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27 15:27:58 EST 2011    Post subject: Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter Reply with quote

An old man was seen wandering the streets of a very good neighbood and was found to be white. He was also not even confused at all. He was...WISE! As neighbors called in droves complaining of him existing,the police showed up. They were standing in a circle around him. I found them confounded by the way he handled the situation. He was calm and answering questions in a wise way. The police decided he was Jesus, but I knew differen. You see, I am not Christian! I am another religion which starts with a J. Can you guess?
I went in for the story. I asked him a question:"why is the sky blue?" This was a test question of his intelligence. He replied: "As the sun must set, it cannot remain light forever, there will be darkness." He had long brown and grey hair, and a long beard that matched. Then he said: " Sunrise doesn't last all morning, a cloudburst doesn't last all day." The cops were clapping and cheering. Frightened people emerged from their front doors, dressed in outfits. He said "My lone up iand left me, and then the big one: "ALL THINGS MUST PASS AWAY" When this was spoken I alone, knew his secret identity: GEORGE HARRISON!!!!!! Before he even began singing HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA VOOROO VISHNU" Then the man took a tamborine from his pants, which was rather embarassing to the crowd. He began banging it and sang these words on and on. Where the crowd became angry, and slightly riled, he quickly switched to "my sweet Lord I really wanna see you but it takes so long my Lord I really wanna know you Lord, I really wanna go with you but it takes so long lmy Lord"
He kept on sing this over and over in a Gentle voice until all of the neighbors brought out musical instruments. I was glad that peace had arrived to the neighborhood. The police had brought out their batons and were strumming them like air guitars. I must admit that I did this myself for a while after truning off the mic. But then I realized that the camera was still on, so quickly switched back to looking serious and concerned.
To sum up, the old man who was very wise, and said other wise things to boot, was not handcuffed, and was invited to many peoples houses for dinner. He was Vegan, and politely refused, and I missed my big opportunity with George Harrison until last minute. Until WAIT I TOLD HIM I WAS VEGAN!!! He agreed to come over to my crummy dive. He did not mind the dive, but actually liked it. Fortunately, my sometimes-girlfriend, had bought some veggies for soup. I quickly threw away all the meat in the trash and lunch meat and a ton of stuff. This was a big story, huge.
I began washing jand chopping when he snatched away the knife and said "I'll do that mate" I do admit that this took me aback for a moment as I thought he might stab me. would George Harrison stab me??? But no, he began busily chopping food and mashing garlic with a decorative mortar and pestle that my girlfriend has bought me and was on the shelf. I had a garlic masher in the drawer. It was a fancy ceramic one, but I said nothing. He was singing a song in Hindi about Vishnu, I believe, when a bad thing happened. He looked in the trash. He put down the knife. The conversation went as follows.
George Harrison: You are not clean?
Me: I take a shower every day!
GH: No! The kitchen! The house, the Refridgerator! It is filthy with meats!, Cow!
Me: What meats? Cow? At that point I managed a puzzled look.
GH: (shakes trash) You LIE. I cannot sit at table which a man who eats cattle and lies!
Me: (begs him to stay)
GH: Well, ok, mate, you look like a fine enough bloke, better than the others, surely, solid enou' working-class bloke you are, just a bi' of a lying sun of a bitch. I know you believe I am George Harrison, I am just a filthy bum off the street, but would like the dinner, if you don't mind, and go and write some sort of article. Don't care what it is. Know all their lyrics, I do, They were the best band, best of the lot, although the Clash are bloody good poets do they not? Wish they were alive in our time, eh, Mr, fake name? A fake for a fake, I call ye, and what on bloody earth do you expect? He his dead, You idiot, died a long while back, but I pull it off in certain neighborhoods, and with the coppers, I do. Don't look sad, mate, we are both nowhere men, ain't tha' the cats meow? Hope they enjoy your fake article, go ahead and publish it, let me have a good shower after the soup is done, fetch some meat from the trash, and get to cooking!"

**Important note: After this article I will be writing novels about all of my exciting experiences as a reporter, this one first. I was, initially, very pissed, but, now realize that I sort of deserved it. And the broken mortar and pestle, well, they were a shitty gift for a guy, face it. So after this artlicle, I will write in my own name my own articles, and on my own topics. Then a book! I would like too thank all of my loyal wonderful readers, except the onwes with the nasty e-mails

www.youtube.com/v/zz75P1pziM4

Last edited by butterflyzrfree on Sat Dec 3 0:38:07 EST 2011; edited 1 time in total

anna9
Moonwalked into a whiter shade of pale

Moonwalked into a whiter shade of pale

Credits: 392

PostPosted: Thu Dec 1 21:09:50 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter Reply with quote

Gail. there are typos, it does go with the style of narrative but a real editor would point that out, and also make you pare out on the words not needed,
now being the fake editor for the fake article, i would cut out all the unnecessary and then all you would be left out is the chant!

for you: my sweet

butterflyzrfree

Staff Picks!Staff Picks/December 2009Staff Picks/March 2011Staff Picks/February 2012Blog Picks/July 2013Staff Picks/October 2013Staff Picks/October 2013Staff Picks February 2014

PostPosted: Sat Dec 3 0:31:59 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter Reply with quote

Thanks. This one is posted now, and I did take out typos, and the article is satirical, and ths, not meant to be grammatical. Part of the point is that the reporter is writing in plain english, instead of how a reporter would really write. I invite you to read my other six satires (so far) that are written similiarly, about different beatles and disney topics and one from Simon & Garfunkel!

butterflyzrfree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 5 9:53:12 EST 2011    Post subject: Re: Old man walking around is actually wise--by T. Reporter Reply with quote

Thanks anna!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|      Forum Index > > Post a poem All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: